Prev: Re: Nomenclature in force structures Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes- money

Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:29:08 -0000
Subject: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 12:00 AM
Subject: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

> G'day guys,
>
> In the spirit of the silly season the kids and I are fiddling with a
> scenario idea and thought it might be fun to get some ideas about
stats
off
> you guys. However, please remember that small children who avidly
believe
in
> Santa will be reading (well trying to) these posts so please no
anti-Claus
> comments or profanity thanks.
>
> SCENARIO SET-UP: Claus nearly forgot to get some presents to 3 special
kids
> and has to make a near dawn run to get them in in time. This means
he's
> endanger of being spotted by air defence networks and ground patrols.
His
> only support are his outriders... on one side a boy by the name of
Harry
> (riding a broomstick and armed only with a wand and veteran level
courage)
> and on the other a blue flying car occupied by one Ron and Hermione
(who
> should get elite level intelligence and a mean left hook! And in case
you're
> wondering the car was coaxed out of the Forbidden Forest by
Hagrid....).
And
> to keep it sensible (;P) Claus doesn't use any superpowers beyond his
charm
> and charisma (and the flying sleigh which goes less than FTL for our
> purposes). There's also a time limit, x turns and then the sun's up
and
his
> sprung!!
>
> SUGGESTIONS REQUIRED:
> At the DS scale
>
> 1) What obstacles should lie between Santa and the village at the
other
end
> of the board? What kind of air defence assets would try and intercept
UFO?
> (Well a UFS..un-identified flying sleigh)

A Certain Fizzy-Drink Corporation sees Santa as its corporate property.
They want to capture the real Santa and force him to do TV adverts on
Christmas day.	They have large colourful articulated lorries which
trundle
about playing a "Holidays are coming" jingle.  I suggest these are
covert
AFVs, like the forces of the looney millionaire in the old Michael Caine
film "Billion Dollar Brain".  He also had Skidoo-mounted troops and
Sno-Cats, so you could add those.

The Post Office could try to give him sacks of "letters to Santa",
slowing
him down.

Department store\charity worker imitation Santas could cause confusion
both sides.

> 2) What stats should the sleigh/car get? I'd be willing to give the
sleigh
> maxi-stealth or some kind of super ECM or something to make it harder
> detect.
>
> At the SG/FMA scale
>
> 3) What obstacles and abilities should the two sides (Santa and co vs
> police/secret service/army etc) have? I've got ideas (e.g. need
reaction
> test to avoid being under "Santa's nothing happening here, off to bed"
> spell), but I wanted to see what independent suggestions would throw
up
(you
> guys always come up with cool stuff I would've missed).

Santa knows who's been naughty and nice; perhaps he can find a helpful
member of the opposing forces to e.g. order a squad to move away, or
switch
off a radio etc.

He also knows what everyone wants for christmas- he could distract them
by
giving them the present they always wanted.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: Nomenclature in force structures Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes- money