Prev: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle Next: Re: Framework of nations

Re: [OT] Voting schemes

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:13:06 EST
Subject: Re: [OT] Voting schemes

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:32:36 +1100 Beth.Fulton@csiro.au writes:
>G'day,
>
>> One Currency, the UN "Worldo" (copycat credit to the pathetic
>> Euro name)which is pegged to the price of Chocolate.
>
>Now that's my kinda currency!!

Would make spending it harder if it was chocolate itself but when that
was tried out in 2235 on small focus groups for opinion everyone
literally ate up their profits.

>By the way we had a visiting European scientist tell us that they'd
>originally thought of calling the Euro the European Monetary Unit, but
>then
>someone pointed out that an emu was a flightless Aussie bird, so they
>swapped to Euro (the guy may have been having us on, but that's what
>he
>said)... little did they obviously realise that there is a small
>Aussie
>marsupial rodent that goes by the name uro, so now every time they
>talk
>about European currency I immediately think small and fuzzy ;)
>
>Beth

LOL!  I love to see a bureaucracy tap dance around a mud hole only to
fall into a  outhouse!

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle Next: Re: Framework of nations