Prev: RE: [OT] Voting schemes Next: Re: Framework of nations

[DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:00:24 +1100
Subject: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

G'day guys,

In the spirit of the silly season the kids and I are fiddling with a
scenario idea and thought it might be fun to get some ideas about stats
off
you guys. However, please remember that small children who avidly
believe in
Santa will be reading (well trying to) these posts so please no
anti-Claus
comments or profanity thanks.

SCENARIO SET-UP: Claus nearly forgot to get some presents to 3 special
kids
and has to make a near dawn run to get them in in time. This means he's
endanger of being spotted by air defence networks and ground patrols.
His
only support are his outriders... on one side a boy by the name of Harry
(riding a broomstick and armed only with a wand and veteran level
courage)
and on the other a blue flying car occupied by one Ron and Hermione (who
should get elite level intelligence and a mean left hook! And in case
you're
wondering the car was coaxed out of the Forbidden Forest by Hagrid....).
And
to keep it sensible (;P) Claus doesn't use any superpowers beyond his
charm
and charisma (and the flying sleigh which goes less than FTL for our
purposes). There's also a time limit, x turns and then the sun's up and
his
sprung!!

SUGGESTIONS REQUIRED:
At the DS scale

1) What obstacles should lie between Santa and the village at the other
end
of the board? What kind of air defence assets would try and intercept a
UFO?
(Well a UFS..un-identified flying sleigh)

2) What stats should the sleigh/car get? I'd be willing to give the
sleigh
maxi-stealth or some kind of super ECM or something to make it harder to
detect.

At the SG/FMA scale

3) What obstacles and abilities should the two sides (Santa and co vs
police/secret service/army etc) have? I've got ideas (e.g. need reaction
test to avoid being under "Santa's nothing happening here, off to bed"
spell), but I wanted to see what independent suggestions would throw up
(you
guys always come up with cool stuff I would've missed).

4) Anything else I've missed.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [OT] Voting schemes Next: Re: Framework of nations