Prev: [OT] Laseronics Design Interstellar Next: Re: Framework of nations

Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 15:08:29 -0500
Subject: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

I know we have some multi-lingual speakers
and people with an idea of how these nations
might constitute their forces in the future out
there, so help me out (I'm trying to do up
some vehicle cards and force structures)....

1) FSE might translate in french as EFE (Etats
Federal Europa). I imagine a similar
abbreviation might apply in Spanish or Italian?

2) What is New Swabian League in German?
Would it be very different in Austrian or other
NSL languages?

3) What does the NSL call their Army? It would
not (I expect) still be the Bundeswehr since it
would include forces of other nations.
Landswehr? Are the NSL likely to have a
separate Marine arm (equivalent of the Royal
Marines or USMC)?

4) How would ESU translate to Russian and
Chinese?

5) What would the ESU Army be known as?

6) Would the ESU have a separate Marine
branch? Known as what?

7) Vehicle Types:
Tank:
English: Tank
French: Char?
German: Panzer
Spanish/Italian: ?
Chinese:?
Russian:?

APC/AIFV/MICV:
English: APC/AIFV/MICV
French: Vehicle Alimente d'Infanterie, Vehicle
Blinde d'Infanterie
German: ???
Spanish/Italian: ?
Chinese:?
Russian:?

Any help/information gladly accepted and
appreciated!

Tom B.
Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304

Prev: [OT] Laseronics Design Interstellar Next: Re: Framework of nations