Prev: RE: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: [OT] Reprehensive Voting schemes

Re: [OT] Voting schemes

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:44:39 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Voting schemes

----- Original Message -----
From: <laserlight@quixnet.net>
> I didn't mean "franchise restrictions based on wealth", I meant "vote
by
sending money".  There are several ways to do this: you might
vote/contribute to a politician, passage or not of a law, or a program;
you
might allocate any figure you like, or a minimum, or a maximum.  But
you'd
have to send the money to vote.

Well your original mail on the topic was rather short, and didn't make
this
distinction clear at all:
> > Instead of "one man, one vote", maybe it should be "one pound
(dollar,
> > whatever), one vote".  That way the countries which have torn up
their
> > own economies wouldn't have the opportunity to screw up anyone
else's

Presumably that would be based on money actually paid, rather than money
owed ?

Greetings
Karl Heinz.

Prev: RE: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: [OT] Reprehensive Voting schemes