Prev: Re: [FT and DS 2] Next: RE: Replacing DSII Damage chits with die roll

Re: [FT and DS 2]

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:10:35 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT and DS 2]

----- Original Message -----
From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@bigpond.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 12:12 AM

> At 06:50  14/12/01 -0500, Chris wrote:
>
> >Possibly from the Dutch?  (I know the Dutch controlled Indonesia for
> >300+ years, I don't know whether the Indonesians love them or hate
> >them).
>
> Off hand I couldn't say, but I do know there was a 'shooting match'
after
> the end of WWII, various police actions between the Dutch (and some
British
> troops) and Indonesians. But since then I think both countries have
> continued to trade.
>
> Derek
>
> Derek Fulton
> 12 Balaka st.
> Rosny, Hobart.
> Tasmania,  7018.
> Australia

In our era, Indonesia used to operate the old Soviet "big CL"
Ordzhonikidze
(Sverdlov class), so perhaps an ESU-built flagsip is in order.	My old
copy
of "Combat Fleets of the World, 1982/83" shows the Indonesian navy using
West German and Soviet subs, Australian, US, German and French aircraft,
and
surface combattants from (deep breath!) Yugoslavia, The Netherlands (so
they
don't hate them enough to boycott their shipyards), USA, USSR, Italy,
Korea
and Australia- auxiliaries and amphibs etc. add Indonesia herself,
Germany,
Japan, Austria and Hungary.  I wonder if it was something we said?

Ship names are prefixed "KRI"= "Kapalperang Republik Indonesia"="Warship
of
the republic of Indonesia"

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: [FT and DS 2] Next: RE: Replacing DSII Damage chits with die roll