Prev: [OT] Voting schemes Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes

Re: [OT] Voting schemes

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:25:20 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Voting schemes

> Instead of "one man, one vote", maybe it should be "one pound
(dollar, whatever), one vote". <

Ah, the Cynosure voting/funding scheme: money _is_ votes. The winning
candidate is the one for whom the electorate pledges the most financial
support, and all "votes", including those for the loser(s), go to the
Treasury.

Of course, that was only for the low-to-medium-level bureaucracy; the
_real_ rulers weren't voted in and weren't going to be voted out,
either.

Phil
----
"I think... I think I am! Therefore I am... I think?"
				       -- The Moody Blues

Prev: [OT] Voting schemes Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes