Prev: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN

Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:53:55 +1100
Subject: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN

At 10:02  13/12/01 +0000, Corey wrote:
>Does UN voting remain 1 vote/1
>nation? Is the NAC counted as lots of little nations or one? Or is the
voting
>now by population?

I suppose it all comes down to how the NAC is organized. But I imagine
it
will still be one vote per nation in the general assembly, that way the
smaller nations aren't rolled over by the larger more populous nations.
One
example today is the Pacific Nations, Nauru [which Beth tells me is the
smallest and newest member of the general assembly, if her memory isn't
faulty ;) ] gets the same voting rights as the US, UK or any other
larger
member states.

BUT back to the NAC and how it might fit back together, I would suggest
going back a hundred years or more to when communication was fast as the

fastest transport. News travelled across the sea as fast as the fastest
ship, examining how the British or Spanish (or back further still the
Greeks or Phoencians) managed to administer their interests over long
distances.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN