Prev: Re: S'V Seekers Next: Message from Master Tuffley about email contact

Re: [FT]Random Musings

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:55:12 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT]Random Musings

Roger Burton West wrote:

>Granted, but so are the tech rating rules. If I wanted to fight
Renegade
>Legion battles, I'd be seriously considering re-calculating the points
>values anyway, from the point of view of tactical doctrine as well as
>pure mechanical effectiveness.
>
>I don't think it would be sensible even to try for a system which would
>both let me fight Renegade Legion battles _and_ bring those ships into
>the GZGVerse to fight the NAC.

I'll agree with that, doing a total conversion of FT for a specific
universe just requires making things internally consistent and not
consistent with the GZGVerse - you can't really rate a Culture GSV in
terms based on an NAC dreadnought (without using scientific notation AND

logarithmic scales).

>Yes, fair enough; I'm certainly inclined to require individual ADFCs
per
>fighter group (or missile or whatever) target in exactly the same way
>that one requires normal FCs per ship target.
>
>Roger

I"m thinking that way myself, but I'd want something able to engage a
whole "stack" of missiles or fighters. But I'm not sure yet of how to
handle it in detail.

Prev: Re: S'V Seekers Next: Message from Master Tuffley about email contact