Prev: RE: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: Weap-Def Archive

Re: S'V Seekers

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:58:51 -0800
Subject: Re: S'V Seekers

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> I question giving a seeking weapon a secondary move. It virtually
> assures a hit on the target, assuming it wasn't launched too early in
> the approach.

Same thing with fighters. They get an amost asured hit on target too.
Considering that MT missiles are considered to ahve advanced AI that
pilot them like fighters this has never really bothered me with seeking
wapons.

> ...and with that assured hit, these damage ideas are a bit on the
> excessive side. Consider that MT missiles are 2 MASS for their
effects.

And Seekers require 1 mass and 1 energy (which is mass used there where
it could be used somewhere else), same as a figher. Perhaps 2 energy
then?

What has always been a ponderance to me is that MT missiles were
designed to attack MT ships. Now the ships have aprox. twice the hull
space for the same ship, and it's 3 times as easy to kill an MT missile
yet their damage yield hasn't changed. Maybe they were just too powerful
under MT.

Prev: RE: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: Weap-Def Archive