Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: FMA Battalion

Re: Military Questions

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:17:02 -0800
Subject: Re: Military Questions

Roger Books wrote:
>Technically this make a CWOIII junior to an ensign, but
>in reality it doesn't work this way.  I've seen CWO's
>in charge of a department on a carrier, never an ensign
>or even a JG.
>
>Maybe it isn't quite correct, but I always thought of
>Warrant Officers as Chiefs with the authority and
>prestige their seniority and skills deserved since
>most would be chiefs had they stayed enlisted.
>
>Roger Books (DS2, USN '83-89)

You would have loved my dad.  He only did 4 years, but boy did he make
the
most of it.

Incidentally, I'm not sure about any other Navy, but in the USN, you
should
remind them that there's the rank of Captain, and the title of Captain.
The
CO of any ocean-going ship is "captain" while on board his ship, and
anyone
other than him who might be the RANK of captain is called "Commander"
while
on board someone else's ship.  As an extreme example, there's one class
of
ocean going Landing/utility craft, the LVsomething, whose CO is a ship's

Captain, even though most of them are commanded by PO's.

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: FMA Battalion