Prev: Re: Military Questions Next: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions

Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:47:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions

On  7-Dec-01 at 07:30, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about what the
> Marines think/say/do about us.

That kind of begs the question "Why do we have Marines?"
I thought it was because there were many shipboard security
duties that sailors weren't qualified to fill.	They
opted out of that in the late '80s.  Now I don't see any
special skills required that regular army doesn't have.

Those security duties?	Sailors with firearms.	Scary
thought.

Prev: Re: Military Questions Next: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions