Prev: Re: [OT] Martian Miniature Next: Re: [OT] Martian Miniature

Re: FMA Battalion

From: Mike.Elliott@i...
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:21:12 +0000
Subject: Re: FMA Battalion

Laserlight wrote:
>Each unit has die type ratings for Attack, Defense, and Move, plus
>fixed ratings for Move Type (eg Foot/ Wheeled/ Tracked/ Grav) and
>Attack Range (eg infantry has attack range 0, artillery might have
>10).  Rough terrain upshifts defense die, downshifts move die.  Units
>getting attacked in flank downshift 1, units getting attacked from the
>rear downshift 2.

Some interesting ideas there..... but I would make flank attacks more
effective than just 1 downshift. If you think about it, it's a lot
easier
for a unit to simply about face and engage an enemy to the rear, than it
is
to wheel the whole unit through 90 degrees to face an attack from the
flank. Realistically, only the sub unit on the flank being attacked is
going to be at all effective, if that. More likely they will decide
discretion is the better part of valour and run away. Time for a morale
check then?

Hope that helps
Mike

**
Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in
this e-mail. This e-mail is for the use only of the intended addressee.
If
you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for
delivering it to the intended addressee, you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way whatsoever. To
do
so is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender
immediately
by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

Bull Information Systems Limited may monitor the content of e-mails sent
and received via its network for the purposes of ensuring compliance
with
its policies and procedures.

relationship between Bull Information Systems Limited and you.

Bull Information Systems Limited. Registered Office: Computer House,
Great
West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9DH. Registered in England.
Registration Number: 2017873

Thank you.

Prev: Re: [OT] Martian Miniature Next: Re: [OT] Martian Miniature