Prev: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Military Questions

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 03:04:24 -0500
Subject: Military Questions

Thanks to John A, John R, Glenn, Brian, Don, etc.

Some good info there, although I am
moderately perplexed by the USN having both
Warrants and Petty Officers (I sort of thought
the warrant ranks were PO equivalent....).

I'll keep an eye out for that Marine NCO's
manual. It'd be a good addition (by the sounds
of it) to the next "Laserlight's Military Favorites"
CD.

No matter how much you seem to learn about
militaria, there seems to be new things to
absorb. And new stories to hear. I just finished
reading about the Breakout from Chosin and
was mightily impressed. Not by the Army Corps
General who dug the hole for the Marines, but
by the Marines escape. Now I'm tempted to try
to figure out a way to do a DS2 or SG2 version.
I guess a series of linked adventures and lots of
mountainous terrain, something unusual on
game boards! Of course, the ESU tactics would
be simple --> apply the force of numbers and
fight until you are killed. The NAC marines might
have a different method of conducting the
campaign. This goes right up there with my
firebase Camarein scenario.....

Tomb.

Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304