Prev: Re: More military questions! Next: FMA Battalion

RE: More military questions!

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:15:09 -0600
Subject: RE: More military questions!

> >3) In the US forces, where the Queen is not head of state, what does
> >it
> >mean to hold a commission? (It isn't from the Queen) Similarly, what
> >does it mean to hold a warrant? Who issues them?
> >

> IIRC, a gentleman and an officer by act of congress.

Correct, even if female. My wife is/was a 'gentleman'...

<g>

FWIW: Get a copy of the Marine NCO Handbook it has the answers to most
everything you've asked and even a couple of questions beyond them in
the
chain of thought...

It will give you ranks (for all services), how to address said ranks,
uniforms, some basic unit structure, award lists, history, etc etc. etc.

David

Prev: Re: More military questions! Next: FMA Battalion