Prev: VIRUS SENT TO YOU Next: Re: Nanotechnology [increasingly OT]

Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT.

From: David Brewer <david@b...>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:09:11 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT.

Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:

> From: "David Brewer" <david@brewer.to>
>
> > There was once a Great Cthulhu that went with a line of Cthulhu
> > miniatures. It was supposedly a 25mm range, but in this case it
> > really was more like 1/300th... a 25mm Cthulhu would be vast.
>
> Yes, I have one. 25mm? Well, the cover art shows it picking up
> a small steamer... I'd say it's about the same scale as the
> GZG FT range.

I think that artwork is little exaggerated. A steamer should be
able to successfully run Cthulhu over.

"There was a mighty eddying and foaming in the noisome brine, and
as the steam mounted higher and higher the brave Norwegian drove
his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the
unclean froth like the stern of a demon galleon. The awful
squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of
the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly." (The Call
of Cthulhu.)

For FT, I think Azathoth would be a more likely belligerent...

--
David Brewer

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every

Prev: VIRUS SENT TO YOU Next: Re: Nanotechnology [increasingly OT]