Prev: Re: Inventions Next: Re: [SG]The Nanite Revolution

Re: Nobility.... or not....

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:51:59 EST
Subject: Re: Nobility.... or not....

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:21:01 -0500  Rick Rutherford <Rick@esr.com>
writes:

>Ryan Gill wrote:
>>
>> But it is a Confederation. Not an Empire. Not a Republic. A
>> confederation is very very loose.
>
>Interesting... so if there's any modern-day government that the NAC
>most
>resembles, it would be the Australian government -- strong,
>independent
>state (provincial?) governments, overseen by a weaker federal
>government?
>

>-- Rick Rutherford

Assuming the word confederation was actually properly used, then it
would
be mess like the pre-Constitution USA, a Confederation.  For the NAC
either the word has been 're-defined' for internal coherency or it  is a
political sham (oops, was I redundant?)

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Inventions Next: Re: [SG]The Nanite Revolution