Prev: Re: Inventions Next: Re: Nobility.... or not....

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:16:06 +0000
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 08:46:09PM -0000, Iain Davidson wrote:
>Actually, I meant (and badly phrased) that when the ESU leave Earth at
>time when the Chinese element is ascendant, then why did they suddenly
>revert to Russian names, make the capital a Russian planet etc. That
was the
>bit I could not understand.

That's something I'm working on for my ESU writeup for the GZGPedia (to
be followed by a web site, I hope). Speaking from my (very slight)
position of authority as the man who gave the world the words
"voyenna-kasmicheskiy flot", the approach I'm taking is that the
Russians did to the Chinese the same thing the Chinese did to the
Mongols several thousand years earlier: take over the record-keeping,
the logistics, the tedious stuff that conquering heroes don't want to
do. Then, once you're indispensable, identify yourselves as a group and
start grabbing power...

Prev: Re: Inventions Next: Re: Nobility.... or not....