Prev: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: [FT] Needle fleet

Re: Armalligator was: Email

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:19:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Armalligator was: Email

KH.Ranitzsch wrote:

> > The energy's called metabolism.  Metal for these creatures is food,
NOT
> > building material.
>
>There seems to be some confusion here. Food is whatever an animal eats.
For
>terrestrial animals, it has two functions: providing building material
>which
>the animal incorporates into its body (e.g.Calcium for bones) and
supplying
>energy to allow the animal to function and move (carbohydrates and
fats,
>mostly).
>You could imagine organisms where tese two functions of food are
separate -
>insect-eating plants are an example. They get most of their energy
needs
>from sunlights, but the insects provide important trace elements for
their
>organism.

I'm aware of the function of food.  Metals are a substantial part of the

diets of these creature because it provides energy, as posutlated by my
friend.  I'm guessing that the building materials in their diet would
include silicon, but I'm not sure.  We're still discussing.

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: [FT] Needle fleet