Prev: Re: Bridges Next: Not the usual miniature auction

RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:12:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

--- adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

> in the next 50 years, too.  Either is just as
> "realistic".	The Roman
> Empire covered much of the "known" world, then
> disappeared.

Depending on how you want to date the downhill slide,
it took about 1000 years to reach rock-bottom.

> Up here in the Great White North, we get

Where you get American TV statios, American radio
stations, Americans on vacation, and 90% of your
populations lives within about 4 hours drive from the
US.  You're practically us.  Real Foreigners (ie
Euros) don't really understand us.  If you want proof,
start shouting at English railway workers in an
American accent.  It's amazing how apologetic they
get--they've seen the movies, they know we're all
psychotic.  :)

> I wonder if you read the GZG history in the GZG rule
> books?  The formation > of the AC (later NAC) comes
50 years from now, after the US economy and
> government collapse, after a big civil war, and

We've had economic collapse before.  We've had a civil
war before.  We've had governmental crisis of every
stripe imaginable.

> recognize their issues and grievences, and make
> changes within the context
> of the existing system, before they took the big
> leap into rebellion.	It

Getting shot at does that for you.  Oddly enough, one
of the biggest heartburn for Brits is the gun
issue--the same damn issue they lost the US over
(Lexington would never have turned into a firefight if
the Brits weren't running around confiscating weapons
and ammunition).

<snip bunch of discussion>

Well, the truly important thing is this:  After the
politicians were done arguing about it, the US would
simply take the expedient way out and conquer the UK
through cultural imperialism.  Phase I will be sending
over thousands of Southern men to teach y'all how to
cook barbeque and their wives to teach y'all how to
make fried chicken.  And whatever you Brits may think,
you don't know what fried chicken is.  I saw what
passes for fried chicken in an "American style"
restraunt and ran in terror.  Phase II will be
extensive courses in "How to cook beef and I don't
mean boiling it until it's gray!"

John

Prev: Re: Bridges Next: Not the usual miniature auction