Prev: RE: Armalligator was: Email Next: RE: [FH] Druze, was Another political question re: Tuffleverse

Re: silly questions re national/unit pride

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:43:32 +0900
Subject: Re: silly questions re national/unit pride

Let me get this straight, Beth...
You just hatched another one, right? That means you are, or
at least should be, an adult, right?
I mean, you sort of know how the world works, right?

AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A TWINKIE IS?!?!

You poor, culturally-deprived child. Forced to live like
savages in the desert, surrounded by Tasmanian devils and
whatnot... and not a Twinkie in sight!?!?! My goodness, no
wonder people like Crocodile Dandy come from there...

Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Twinkie bars... whatever they are!) and then...... oh dear I think
sleep

=====
Books admitted me to their world open-handedly, as people
for the most part, did not. The life I lived in books was
one of ease and freedom, wordly wisdom, glitter, dash and style.
- Jonathan Raban, "For Love and Money"
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: RE: Armalligator was: Email Next: RE: [FH] Druze, was Another political question re: Tuffleverse