Prev: Re: ok, somebody's a bad boy... don't do that again please :) Next: Re: [Way, way OT] Beer (was Re: Questions...)

Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 10:57:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

Laserlight Wrote:

> > Turkey very much does NOT consider itself  Arab
>
>Well, they're not Arabic, which may be a reason for that.

True enough, the point is that Turks are often frustrated by how often
they
have to point this fact out.

> > course).  The population would be mostly descendants of Turkish
>colonists,
> > as well as refugees from Turkey following the IF's conquest of
>Terran
> > Turkey.
>
>I'm not sure the IF would be sufficiently motivated to conquer Turkiye
>in the first place.

I'm just going with what I read in the GZG-pedia history.  It states
that
the IF DID take over Turkey.

> > Given Turkey's history, the powers it would probably be friendliest
>to would
> > be the NSL, NAC, and OU (by coincidence, my wife and I visited
>Turkey at the
> > same time as ANZAC Day.   I saw as many flags with Southern Crosses
>on them
> > as Crescent Moons).  They'd probably be cordial towards the FSL and
> > Romanov's, cautious but polite to the ESL, and outright hostile to
>the IF.
>Maybe not all that friendly to the Romanovs either.

Good point.

>I'd think they'd
>be, at worst, cautiously polite to the IF.
>(Almost everyone is hostile to the IF anyway, it's not like we have a
>shortage of enemies for the IF to fight.  The exceptions are FSE and
>the IC, and how often do you hear the IC say anything?).

That all depends on whether or not the history I read was right.  If
Anatolia or all of Turkey were taken over, the refugees definitely would

have some beefs with the IF.

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: ok, somebody's a bad boy... don't do that again please :) Next: Re: [Way, way OT] Beer (was Re: Questions...)