Prev: Re: GZG LARP Next: Re: GZG LARP

Lord save us from....

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 02:59:21 -0500
Subject: Lord save us from....

1) GZG LARP. If I see a LARP crowd at ECC, I'm
getting some tabletop gamers, setting up a
hasty ambush, and setting off a CDM. That
ought to calm them down. If not, the
wargamers among us will have to back off to
orbit and Nuke the Hotel.... it's the only way to
be sure.

2) A rampaging Atkinson. We all know why.
("Able to leap (or at least deconstruct) tall
buildings with a single bound (or charge), faster
(on the draw, at least in e-mail) than a
speeding bullet (and just as sharp), bulletproof
(or insensate, one of the two), and known to
have a fatal weakness to Kryptonite (aka certain
kinds of appealing fiction, such as Romanic
successor states)"). The dog ain't sleeping, but
let's let him lie. Or maybe feed him a pile of
tranqs. :)

3) Historical arguments over 1 ACW.

The 2 ACW, which is entirely fictional, would
probably be more interesting to argue over.
Anyone thought about who fought on which
side? How the course of the war brought
General Parham to ask for UK aide? How that
aide was spun such that every 'Merican didn't
rise against the "Tyrants from Across the Sea"?
What did Canada do while the US was tearing
itself apart? Just throw up a border? Were we
overrun by US refugees? Were we a base locale
for one faction or the other? How did Mexico
figure in? Were any NBC weapons used? Etc.

Probably far more interesting for the GZGverse
crowd than arguments that sound like they
should be on some rec.history.boffin list....

Just my 0.02, out of the blue.

BTW, does anyone realize eventually their will be
a GZG FultonCon in Tasmania - they'll have
enough gamers they won't even NEED to invite
anyone from anywhere else.....

(And even with all those kids, Beth will still be
the Queen of the single pip.... apparently
Kochte's Probability Skew Demon is more of an
individual curse than a genetic inheritance....
either that or they inherited their die-luck from
their dad).

Tomb Raider
Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304

Prev: Re: GZG LARP Next: Re: GZG LARP