Prev: Re: Gettysburg Trivia Next: Re: GZG LARP

Re: GZG LARP

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:49:32 +1100
Subject: Re: GZG LARP

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> On the other hand, I might, as Don puts it "enjoy this
> just a little too much."
>
> John "Mr. freakin' Diplomacy" Atkinson

Perhaps I should have mentioned that one area of military
history that I know a bit about is the late Sassanian
period of Persia.
You have NO idea how many jokes there were in old Persian
about Narsus being the only Byzantine with any balls. Or
Theodora's personal habits with Cavalrymen and their mounts.
I'll see if I can find some of the translations...

I still think the Georgians did it best though. Minting coins
insulting Islam *in Arabic* just to make sure the message
got across, and naming a position "Fort Kiss-My-Arse" IIRC.

Prev: Re: Gettysburg Trivia Next: Re: GZG LARP