Prev: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 08:44:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> > Just HOW Islamic IS the Islamic Federation?
>
> 138%, at least.  If you're a citizen, it is legal
> but not very safe to
> be anything less.

Depends on your interpretation--in my IFed, it's more
or less a felony to "blaspheme the Prophet" which
holding any religion other than Islam is tantamount
to.
> I'm under the impression that Turkey is not part of
> the IF, although > I don't recall exactly why I have
that impression. > Maybe canon > history mentions
Turkish mercs at some point after > the formation of
> the IF?

Yes, but Turkey is still part of the IF.  IF
mercenaries are in great demand for the same reason
Friendly mercenaries are in the Dorsai universe:  They
are tenacious, willing to follow stupid orders, cheap,
and not bright enough to rebel.  The issue of their
military incompetence is secondary.

John

http://shopping.yahoo.com