Prev: Re: [LST] Attachments Re: Fwd: Email Next: RE: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs

RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:19:22 +1100
Subject: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

G'day,

> Other than that, I doubt it.	There just ain't the
> same call for blue-water naval supremacy.  You can
> plink from orbit--there's no terrain to hide in

Assuming they overcome the 'cline problems they currently have. We still
have troubles using orbital stuff to identify anything between sea
bottom
10-30m down due to internal waves and the thermocline etc. So the same
things that currently hide subs etc from surface ships will probably
still
hide them from satellites (at least based on biological/project buoys
and
probes we use, actual naval guys may know of break throughs we don't
have
access to).

> and there are no high-value targets to hide next too
> (ie--you don't orbitally bombard a factory complex you
> want to use, but most patches of ocean aren't that
> important).

Except maybe the exact patches you're fighting over as they contain the
"gold purification plant critical to both sides future..." ;)

> Same factors that led theorists to
> believe that nukes would be used more at sea than on
> land in WWIII.

Uck!! Good way to make sure it circulates around to bite you back on
homesoil (well shores!)!

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [LST] Attachments Re: Fwd: Email Next: RE: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs