Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:05:41 +1100
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> > Example: the 20th Maine is part of the NAC Brigade
> > of Guards.
>
> A militia formation raised for a specific conflict and
> never reactivated?  Not bloody likely.  Our most
> likely contribution to the Guards Brigade is the 3rd
> Infantry.

Take it from me, it's the name and regimental traditions
that are important. Amongst military afficionados, Chamberlain's
efforts at Little Round Top rank up there with some of the
happenings at Kohima-Imphal and Imijin river, for successful
counter-attacks against a superior foe.
Even people who know sweet fanny adams about the the US Civil
War - e.g. my wife - know about the 20th Maine.

Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale