Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:58:36 -0800
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

John Atkinson wrote:

>Of course.  It's just the the Brits have far more
>poetic unit names (Scots Dragoon Guards, etc) than the
>US.

That's only if you list them by their official TO&E designations.  List
them
by their more publically known names, and their nicknames, and American
units hold their own in the dashing department - Screaming Eagles, Big
Red
One, Devil Dogs... maybe even dredge up some less remembered nicks - I
recall the Germans in Italy referred to US paratroopers as "Those devils
in
baggy pants."

Brian