Prev: Re: [FT-ish] Axels and Alloys Next: Supercavitation wasRe: Wet Navy in the future was Re:

Re: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:44:44 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

On 30-Nov-01 at 15:17, Jaime Tiampo (fugu@spikyfishthing.com) wrote:
> Brian Bilderback wrote:
> >
> > Along these lines, I just ran across a discussion of a technology
I'd
> > never hear of before, and I was pretty impressed with it.  Also very
> > very disappointed in myself for not having encountered it before.
The
> > technology is Supercavitation.  Makes for some interesting designs,
if
> > anyone ever ran a naval sci-fi game.
>
> What is supercavitation. I know what regular cavitation is, is super
> cavitation where you get sucked backwards by the bubbles? :)

I _believe_ it is where you generate a bubble around your "torpedo"
or even bullets so they  move almost as fast as if they are in
air instead of water.  One of the science mags had an article
on it several months ago.  I'll look and see if I still have it.

Prev: Re: [FT-ish] Axels and Alloys Next: Supercavitation wasRe: Wet Navy in the future was Re: