Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:24:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK, from the history I have read, the NAC is
> supposed to encompass the UK,
> US, Canada, and the rest of the western Hemisphere
> eventually.  But in
> discussions like this one involving ground units,
> all the NAC units I've
> heard mentioned are borrowed from British military
> history/culture.  Were
> any US Army/military units retained?	Just curious.

Of course.  It's just the the Brits have far more
poetic unit names (Scots Dragoon Guards, etc) than the
US.  Unless you know the unit in question, "1-36
Infantry" just doesn't have the same ring.  (Spartans!
 With lineage going back to the Civil War, IIRC).

John

Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: SG IF morale