Prev: RE: Warzone & WH40K figs Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:20:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> By 2183 the US army should have plenty of history
> under it's belt.
> Between the 82nd, the 101st, the 10th Mtn, Rangers,
> 10th Armd, 1st
> Armd, 1st Infantry and a few other units I don't
> omit for lack of
> value, all have plenty of history to make them quite
> noble. Hell the
> 101st alone has lots of history. Add the US Marines
> to the mix and
> they are amazing.

I note the only OLD unit you list is 1st Infantry.
2ID, 3ID, and 4ID are all 'Marne Divisions', the 3rd
being especially noted for it's performance in
stopping the Germans in WWI.

HOWEVER, that's not really old--our divisions don't go
back very far.	More than a few infantry, cavalry, and
artillery units have lineages back to the Revolution,
as does the 1st Engineer Batallion (it wasn't until
the Civil War that the US needed more than 3 engineer
organizations--one of sappers, one of topogs, and of
course the USMA).  The 2nd and 3rd ACRs trace their
lineages back to the 2nd and 3rd Mounted Rifles, some
of the first formations raised for the Seminole Wars.

John

Prev: RE: Warzone & WH40K figs Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale