Prev: [list stuff] formatting and blank emails Next: RE: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs

RE: Wet Navy in the future was

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:57:59 -0500
Subject: RE: Wet Navy in the future was

At 3:10 PM +1100 11/30/01, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>G'day,
>
> > Another thought - what presence will there be on planets of
> > 'traditional wet' Navy forces?
>
>Depending on the planet I'd say a fair bit, but I'm kinda biased when
it
>comes to things marine ;)

I'd expect to see lots of smaller vessels and brown water navy stuff
on the edge of controlled spheres of influence. Smaller vessels up to
frigate size would be useful on some worlds for Coast Guard type
duties. I'd expect that anything larger could be handled by orbital
installations firing down or sending down Aero space fighters to
support the small stuff. Most roles would be coast guard type S&R or
Police work.

I base this on the assumption that most of the worlds that have
enough population to warrant spreading out amongst multiple
continents would be well protected by space borne naval assets. You
figure those would have some bulk transport across water ways.

- Ryan Montieth Gill				      SW1025 H -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Nextel: 404-557-5637 ID 35	  e-mail: Ryan.Gill@turner.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191	      Pager: ryan_gill@imcingular.com  -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: [list stuff] formatting and blank emails Next: RE: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs