Prev: Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis Next: Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis

Re: [OT]

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:07:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT]

On Sunday, November 25, 2001, at 11:59 PM, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> One marker can be as little as 1 vehicle; most infantry markers can be

> broken down to fireteams. Not sure I'd count it as "company/battalion"

> level though, since most scenarios have upwards of a brigade on the
> attacking side. The graphics are pretty basic, but they work well. As
> for realism, well... most of the game development on TacOps is done
> for, and the playtesting done by, the US armed forces which use it as
> tactics training tool :-)

The designer/programmer/creator for this game was a Major in the Marine
Corps IIRC.  Quite a nice guy.	I only wish the company TacOps was
originally published by did better by the game than they did (Okay, I
was a minority shareholder in it until it went belly up).  There was a
WW2 version of the game in the works are one time I believe, but due to
the afore mentioned issue I concluded that it was never finish.

One of the factors I liked most about this game was each scenario had
the AI programmed to respond specifically to the battle at hand.  It's
AI, although limited to the scenarios provided, had some interesting

Kevin Walker
Horizon Concepts, Inc.
Macintosh & Windows Development
Miniature Painting & Sculpting

Prev: Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis Next: Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis