Prev: Vallejo UK source Next: Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis

[FT-ish] Axels and Alloys

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:34:13 -0500
Subject: [FT-ish] Axels and Alloys

Thanks to the link that someone posted a few days ago, I’ve been
spending a lot of time at
Owen Cooper’s “Axels and Alloys” page.	In fact, I had my wife pick up a
few matchbox cars
for me the other day, so I can start doing some conversions of my own.

( http://www.owencooper.com/axlesalloys/ is the page, for those who may
have missed it.)

The rules that he uses are a modified version of Full Thrust, which
strikes me as a fine
idea indeed.  I’ve got a few small changes in mind (using P-Torp rules
to represent
rockets launchers, for example), but I’m not entirely satisfied with how
he handles
maneuvering.  It’s a little *too* simple for my tastes.  Any thoughts on
how best to use
the FT rules to represent a speeding automobile, particularly a speeding
automobile with a
chance of flipping over if it makes too sharp a turn at too high a
speed?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www/voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Vallejo UK source Next: Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis