Prev: Re: New baby girl Next: RE: Walkers

Re: Help Painting With Enamels, was Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:26:26 -0800
Subject: Re: Help Painting With Enamels, was Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis

I've used enamels in a pinch, both for this kind of gaming and for RPG
figs,
and I have a few issues with them:
1. As they are thicker, they tend to cover over details.
2. They're less forgiving about how dry they must be before you can
paint
over them.
3. It's hard to make a wash with them.	You can't use water, and if you
use
thinner, it tends to eat away at the coat underneath, mixing your colors

together.
4. If they're not mixed well enough, flat colors... aren't.
5. Mixing them well will suffice for an arm-muscle workout.

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

>From: Andy Cowell <andy@cowell.org>