Prev: Re: New baby girl Next: Re: New baby girl

Help Painting With Enamels, was Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:18:49 -0600
Subject: Help Painting With Enamels, was Re: Paints Suitable for DSII Minis

In message <1006794154.3c0275aa8e580@webmail.t-online.de>,
KH.Ranitzsch@t-onlin
e.de writes:

> Go to a toy or -better- to a plastic modelling shop and check out
> the modelling paints there. They should have suitable ranges of
> enamel or acrylic paints.

Anybody know of a good enamel painting guide?  I usually use
acryllics, but switched to enamels for the wider range of pre-mixed
military colors (OD, etc...) for a 1/100 Revell plastic Huey I painted
up.  It was quite different, and somewhat frustrating.	For example,
the Testor's enamel primer came off the model and mixed with the
paint!?  Everything seemed to take four or five coats to cover, and if
you stroked more than once or twice, the paint below dissolved,
exposing the plastic.  Enamels can obviously be used effectively, I

Prev: Re: New baby girl Next: Re: New baby girl