Prev: Re: FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence Next: RE: [OT]

RE: [OT]

From: "oglover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:48:58 +1100
Subject: RE: [OT]

Steel Panthers and Steel PanthersII-Modern are still my favourite Bn
level
games. They are turn based and the map and movement is by hexes; but
still
most enjoyable.

Close Combat is good; my favourite CC3 - the Russian Front. The only
drawback to me there is that your forces are purchased basically by
platoons/squads; so it is hard to recreate a proper Bn or Coy level
game.

New on the block is Sudden Strike; a realtime WWII game similar to
Command
and Conquer, Dune and the like except there is no resource building and
managing as such. Realism of the weapons and damage leaves a lot to be
desired and there is no way you can recreate a proper TO&E as all forces
down to individual infantry figures are independent entities; that is
you
don't get allocated troops by platoons or companies and there is no
mechanism for a chain of command. However, gameplay is a LOAD of fun!

M1 Tank Platoon 2 is getting in years now but is a really good
Mechanised
game; but I don't think you can get better than Coy level though.

A really old game now, but really enjoyable was Team Yankee. Graphics
are
badly outdated and it was purely scenario driven but I loved it for an
Armoured or Mech Inf Coy level game.

I'd be interested if anyone knows of any other games at Coy/Bn level
too!

Cheers,

Owen