Prev: Re: Walkers Next: Re: Walkers

Re: Walkers

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:33:09 -0800
Subject: Re: Walkers

Maybe, but I'm not ready to issue my infantry pogo sticks to make them
more
mobile.  In the long run, IF walkers ever gain usefulness as combat
vehicles, my guess is that the complexity of multi-leg will be a more
surmountable problem than instability will be for bipeds, at least for
larger vehicles.  While I advocated the game viability of walkers, it by
no
means reflects any high regard for them.  IMO (for what it's worth,
which is
ALSO an issue open to some debate), Bipeds would make decent infantry
support vehicles (class 1), but for pseudotanks, quads probably are a
better
bet.  Of course, they're best for very specialized terrains
(mountainous,
rocky, forested), not as general main combat vehicles.

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud