Prev: Re: Walkers Next: Re: FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence

FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:37:54 +0000
Subject: FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence

Hi folks,

I've just come from an FT/FB game with several fairly inexperienced
players (I don't count myself that experienced at FB rules, and I'm the
most experienced of them). Something that raised a lot of questions was
the exact sequencing of fighter and missile attacks. (Note that this is
all human/FB1 tech.)

What we came up with was:

When missiles attack, defences are:

(1) ADFC-linked PDSes
(2) non-screening fighters within range
(3) PDSes on target ship
(4) fighters screening target ship

this all matters because of the possible damage to fighters engaging
missiles. Shouldn't interceptors be more effective against missiles,
attackers less effective, and so on? Or is this a matter of "manoeuvre
in close and fire with basic weapons"?

We assumed that screening fighters can act normally without breaking
from their close patrol of the ship they're screening, but still can't
engage in combat twice in a turn.

Fighters attacking other fighters at long range attack before dogfights
start. (Or is this purely an initiative thing, based on which fighter
group is activated first?)

Prev: Re: Walkers Next: Re: FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence