Prev: RE: [OT] Dice Next: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys

Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:11:23 EST
Subject: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys

In a message dated 11/23/01 11:46:43 PM Central Standard Time,
bbilderback@hotmail.com writes:

> I was just wondering if anyone had kit-bashed toy cars before, the
die-cast
> kind, and if there were any tricks to getting the new parts to stick
to the
> toy - does superglue work, or no, and if not, what?  Any input would
be
> appreciated.	I still haven't decided what I'd do with it - leave it
> wheeled, or turn it into a VTOL or GEV.

There is a glue available in Wal-Mart type stores in a blister pack
called
"GOOP" it's in a silver tube and comes in several formalau. I have kit
bashed
Hot Wheel type stuff before. gluing panels, redoing the gun barrels.
hobby
putties, plasticene, Sculpy will also work, but plasticene and Sculpy
must be
covered with a hard-varnish like finish to keep them from being
"squished".

Prev: RE: [OT] Dice Next: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys