Prev: Re: Eureka! Next: RE: [DSII and SGII] Strange environments

Re: Walkers, was RE: grav

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:04:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Walkers, was RE: grav

--- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> I'm surprised you even bother playing Sci Fi at all.
> Perhaps sticking
> with modern and historical games would better suit
> you.

Last comment on this thread--

I play science fiction (I prefer the abbreviation SF
because Sci Fi has become synonymous with Godzilla vs.
Mothra and simillar fantasy) because science fiction
is 'what if'.  In Dirtside II's case: What if
communications and sensor technology removed most of
the fog of war?  What if GEV and Grav technology
became workable?  What if DFFGs, MDCs, and HELs became
possible?  Etc.  Other than that, yes I do expect the
laws of physics and of human nature to stay the same.

John

Prev: Re: Eureka! Next: RE: [DSII and SGII] Strange environments