Prev: Re: grav everywhere Next: Re: ROF vs.penetratiin

Re: grav

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:14:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: grav

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> - Armour is much too cheap: the only reason not to
> have the maximum  > possible amount ot armour is if
you don't expect the > vehicle to be fired at
> at all (in which case it shouldn't have *any*
> armour).

Yeah.  But in Real Life, the only reason not to have
as much armor as is practical revolves around shipping
issues.

> - FCS for direct-fire weapons. For any given amount
> of points and no matter > what direct-fire weapons
you use, you're much better > off buying Superior
> FCS than Enhanced or Basic; it is a huge boost in
> accuracy for a rather > minor cost increase.

I noticed that.

> - Stealth is badly overpriced. For any given amount
> of points, you're > better off - usually *much*
better off - forgetting > the Stealth and simply
> use the points you save to buy more combat vehicles.

Really?  That I'd dispute--of course I don't generally
stealth all my vehicles, and none of them to the
limits of the system.  But I've clobbered plenty of
mass armies with smaller stealthed forces.

> The reason to have a points system in DS2 is as an
> aid to balance > scenarios. This requires the points
system to give > *the same* bang per buck
> pretty much regardless of the designs... something
> the DS2 points system > doesn't do.

Not necessarily--some things are silly regardless of
how you point them.  For instance walkers above size
1.

John

Prev: Re: grav everywhere Next: Re: ROF vs.penetratiin