Prev: RE: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: RE: To Grav or not to Grav?

RE: more grav

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:58:49 +1100
Subject: RE: more grav

G'day,

> Yeah.  But if you have a whole planet to choose from,
> you won't settle in the deserts.  You'll settle in the
> nice parts.  They'd still have resources--the only
> reason we develop inhospitally located resources is
> because all the easy-to-grab ones were used centuries
> ago.

By the same token why $%^# in your own nest? If you have just got this
nice
little planet why destroy the arable land for resources when there's all
that "can't use it for quids" land you could dig up instead. Besides in
some
cases there will be resources in certain inhospitable areas purely
because
that's the way it worked out or because geology isn't always end user
friendly. For instance these nodules in the Pacific can't be formed in
the
same way, if at all, on land so you have to go to the deep ocean to get
them, there's just no choice even if it is inconvenient.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: RE: To Grav or not to Grav?