Prev: Re: Back again Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:33:43 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:
>
> > I always thought the intent was that if your troops
> > carried some sort of
> > secondary weapon, say a rocket that they could fire
> > both in an
> > activation, allowing you to hit 2 targets.
>
> That makes no damn sense.  You do NOT create a higher
> volume of fire from an infantry squad by loading them
> down with more weapons.  Switching weapons in a
> firefight reduces volume of fire, not increases it.

In real life that's correct. In this particular game system it gets a
little arbitrary. I can fire, then move. But if I stay I can only fire
once and that second section of time is wasted. To me this is one of the
big problems with SG. Allowing a second weapons sytem firing to me
corrects a little of arbitrary cutoffs.

> I can tell you've never fired a weapon.

No I fire a weapon all the time. I just haven't fired a gun.

Prev: Re: Back again Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions