Prev: Re: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:01:19 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Andreas Ørlyng wrote:

> Norwegian Infantry Squad (Heavy Mechanized)
>
> Squad Leader (Night Vision Goggles & binoculars + radio)
> Rifleman 1, M72x2
> Rifleman 2, Medikit (more than compresses)
> Rifleman 3, M72x2
> Rifleman 4, 40mm GL
> Lance Corp, Binoculars, MG Ammo, Night Vision
> MG 1, Machinegun, Night Vision
> MG 2, Plenty of Ammo, Spare Barrel,
>
> So those 5 IAVR's would probably be concentrated among a few men.
>
> But hey its your game and who said it had to be realistic.

What's the point in not making it realistic? I thought that's why we
play this instead of 40K. :)

My thought on squad loadout was to spread out the firepower. If you
loose one trooper you loose his kit, if you disperse your load you
decrease the chance of loosing all your extra kit.

The squad that was used was one of my line infantry squads.

1 Squad leader (AAF/GL + IAVR)
4 Riflemen (AAF/GL + IAVR)
1 SAW (D8)
1 IPG

They're designed for close in fighting. If we played on more open boards
I might swap the IPG for a GMS/P.

Most of my design philosophy for SG and FT is for dispersion of
firepower so that no one kill would cripple the unit.

Prev: Re: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions