Prev: Re: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: RE: [FT] CanAm Designs

RE: To Grav or not to Grav?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:21:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: To Grav or not to Grav?

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> > Two reasons.  First is water supplies.
>
> For the crew?

Yup.

> > Second is crew comfort.  I've spent too much time
> > in the back of an armored vehicle to have any
> desire
> > to ride in one for 12-24 hours.
>
> They may not want to, but its doable and
> tolerable... otherwise the
> submersibles used for deep sea science these days
> would be useless.

Sorry, but no.	I've spent enough time in the back of
a loaded M113A3 to say that more than a couple hours
is not doable.	For one thing, claustrophobia sets in.
 For another, the way engineer units load those things
you get so cramped we have people falling out with
muscle spasms and cramps.

John

Prev: Re: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: RE: [FT] CanAm Designs