Prev: Re: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: Full Thrust, More thrust and Fleet Book Rules for sale-OT

Re: [FT] Action At A Distance

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:18:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Action At A Distance

> Erm... presumably at a single target, not everything in that range
> bracket! I assume this, but saying "ring" threw me slightly.

Yes. Single target. I used ring since it's not a simple fire-arc
coverage.

> The numbers seem to make sense... but whose tech is this intended to
be?
> If human, I suspect it would make sense to compare against purely
human
> systems. (My books aren't immediately available.)

I didn't have any particular tech in mind. It does lend itself to
non-human (or at least non-standard) tactical thinking, however. A fleet

that had only A3D's and point defense capability (basically nothing
effective antiship from 0-12", would be a different challenge to play
and play against. I am thinking of an alien fleet at the moment, but
have not fleshed them out yet.

> Hmm. How about some targeting PSB? Something like meson guns?

Or something like the rips being statistically more probable where space

is already strained by grav wakes, so aiming requirements not
particularly stringent.

>> Symbol: 3-D shaded ring with roman numeral class inside
>
> You just want me to learn more Postscript, don't you? :-)

It's good for you. It'll put hair on your chest.  ;-)

Prev: Re: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: Full Thrust, More thrust and Fleet Book Rules for sale-OT