Prev: Re: [OT] Storing Minis Next: Re: [GZG-ECC V] Preliminary Schedule Posted

15 mm figures[Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 254

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:16:39 EST
Subject: 15 mm figures[Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 254

Message: 10
   Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 01:04:56 -0000
   From: "Casquilho" <danielc@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Scale Question (Long)

--- In Stargrunt-Fullthrust@y..., "William Scarvie" <wscarvie@h...>
wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>   Huh?  Are there 15mm scifi figures to be had these days?

Hello William,

Well to start, try GZG. They make some great looking 15mm stuff. I
love the UN guys. Look very much like what the old Traveller Imperial
Marines looked like.

Here is a web site:

This is their index: http://www.gtns.net/gzg/

Here is the one picture they have :
http://www.gtns.net/gzgstore/html/images/sg15-n1.jpg

I know people said Peter Pig is not that great, but I love their
Combat robots. I think they look nice.

Stan Johansen has some cheep 15mm troops. The humans are very close
to the old Ral Partha 15mm figures. Slightly thin, but nice looking
figures. He also has a set of Space Dinos he calls Draco and a set of
Civilians that could be used as local police etc. Here is his web
address:

http://www.stanjohansenminiatures.com/

Freikorp has a range of Sci-Fi that look a lot like the marines
from "Aliens". However these are "big" 15's and to me look more like
18mm+. Here is their website:

http://www.gtns.net/freikorp/

As for good looking vehicles, might I suggest first look at the
Kamodo line of APCs offered by DLD designs. They are available in
both 25mm and 15mm. His web site is:

http://zippnet.net/~dldproductions/

Next on my list of vehicles is Brigade Models. They have some great
looking Tanks etc. Their Haifa II class Heavy GEV Tank looks very
good for a hover vehicle. Their web site is:

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/

Last one I will burden you with is Force XXI Miniatures. Their stuff
does not look as nice as some of the others but the price is right
and they paint up nice. There web site is:

http://www.midiowa.com/colsten/

Hope that helps. Sorry if it was too long.

Daniel

I have the Irregular 15mm stuff (along with their "35mm" 25mm figures)
plus some of their "Big" 6mm SF vehicles.  Like most Irregular stuff
they
vary from "That's pretty good" to "It's a what?!"

And the GZG paper catalog has pictures on almost everything they make.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

<snip>

Message: 13
   Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:42:52 -0500
   From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil>
Subject: RE: Re: Scale Question (Long)

You can also look at my page of GZG 15mm figures.
The pictures are of unpainted figures.
http://www.ftsr.org/sg2/gallery.asp

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
The Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org
---

Brian, didn't you have a short review of Irregular figures on your web
site?  Somebody did along with several other 15mm SF figures but the
file
is under "X" for Miscellaneous, I fear...