Prev: Re: OUDF design Qs Next: Re: Inviting the Narns for tea, was Re: Outrim Coalition

Re: VTOLs again

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 08:20:25 EST
Subject: Re: VTOLs again

In a message dated 11/11/01 2:03:12 AM Central Standard Time,
emu2020@wattosjunkyard.com writes:

> I have initiated my search for the models to do my conversion.  I ran
into a
> stumbling block.  What scale should I shoot for if I'm shooting for a
15mm
> scale.  I'm not trying to start another arguement of what measures for

> scale.  I am just asking those who have done this, (Jaime you stand
out)
> what scale models they used.	I need a Hind and an Osprey for what I
have
> in mind, possibly an A-10.

I think it depends entirely on what the relative size of the landing
ship or
VTOL you mean to create by kit-bashing. The Hind is available in 1:144,
1:72
and in larger scales. The A-10 is available in 1:72, and larger for
sure. I
think you can find cast metal models in the toy aisle in a scale closer
1:144. I have never seen a 1:72 or smaller Osprey model, but have seen
ii in
1:48. (Micro Machines has an Osprey in one of its packs that is great
for
the 6mm Battletech games I run occasionally, but that is way too small
for
15mm). If you plan to kit-bash using the cast metal toys, you had better
have
a Dremel tool.

Prev: Re: OUDF design Qs Next: Re: Inviting the Narns for tea, was Re: Outrim Coalition