Prev: Re: Miniature Dog Hunting Next: Re: [OT] Storing Minis

Re: [OT] Storing Minis

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 22:16:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Storing Minis

At 07:45 PM 11/9/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I am starting to get a fair collection of painted lead, 151mm, 6mm,
>and FT ships.	I'm looking for ways to organize and store them (so I
>have room for...more lead).  My thought at the moment is to put them
>in videotape boxes with some kind of padding, but I'm curious what
>other listers do?

I use Chessex boxes -- now sold by Alliance.  They hold about 80 25mm
figures, they are durable as heck, and they transport nicely.  In fact,
friend of mine lost most of his gaming material to a fire, and his
chessex
boxes were somewhat melted...but the figures inside (plastic GM space
marines) came through completely undamaged.  Okay, the white
shoulderpads
were a little browned by the heat...but it looked GOOD that way.

I know that a lot of folks use gun cases, but I've heard a fair number
of
stories about these cases being stolen out of locked cars by people who
thihk that they are getting a gun.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Miniature Dog Hunting Next: Re: [OT] Storing Minis